Who We Are:
Pharm3r focuses on the early detection of risk signals and predictive analysis. Our goal is to improve client’s business outcomes in helping them select, price, and aggregate risk. Our firm ingests a number of large, publicly available healthcare related data sets which are refreshed daily. We clean, map, and overlay this data with client specific information. Clients use our software for industry standard risk ranking and data exploration.
We are looking for a new Director of Software Engineering to lead our development team and take our flagship platform to the next level. Key attributes are a dedication to the security of our internal and client data, empathy for client’s business objectives and outcomes, and positive collaboration with product and sales teams.
The ideal candidate has experience across a wide array of technologies, has delivered enterprise solutions within the cloud, has led high performing development teams, has recent hands-on coding expertise, and understands how to architect and build a data driven solution that looks and performs like an expertly built modern site.
- Provide technical direction and leadership for the evolution of the platform.
- Focus on rapid, robust, secure product development using the most appropriate tools for that task.
- Architect data ingestion processes and data lake schema.
- Ownership of data pipeline reliability, growth, and integrations across multiple platforms.
- Drive decision making regarding the appropriate technologies to use for diverse use cases.
- Responsible for application and data security.
- Consider design principles for scaling up the application and development team.
- Provide accurate estimates for upcoming software features and enhancements.
- Contribute to the development efforts with hands-on coding.
- Understand priorities and delegate work in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to take prototype designs and turn them into production-ready systems.
- Perform code and architecture reviews to ensure quality and consistency.
- Keep up with the latest technologies to make educated decisions for improvements and enhancements to the systems.
- Participate in daily team meetings to track and report development progress and eliminate any blockers.
- Responsible for analyzing and managing budget around software, licensing, and other expenses incurred by the technical team.
- Able to get the best out of the development team to deliver with quality and on time.
Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years hands-on enterprise software development experience.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Software architect skills with expert coding knowledge and the ability to lead and mentor from a technical standpoint.
- Experience building and deploying to cloud-based (Azure) systems.
- Familiarity with data and application sMSecurity best practices.
- Understanding of Agile software development process.
- Strong organizational, communication, and people management skills.
The position is remote with a preference for candidates in Nova Scotia, Canada or the greater New York area.
How to Apply
Please send your resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.