Who We Are:
Pharm3r is a healthcare analytics company. We specialize in providing early insights into complex and interconnected drug, device, and supply chain risks. Pharm3r enables our clients to maximize patient safety and minimize financial exposure
Our firm ingests large, healthcare related data sets, which are refreshed daily. We clean, map, and overlay this data with client specific information. Clients use our software for industry standard insights, risk ranking and data exploration.
We are looking for a business analyst to join our Product team. In this role, you’ll act as a critical bridge between Pharm3r’s Development and Sales teams as you identify areas for product improvement, define requirements, and ensure timely execution. The ideal candidate can clearly synthesize and communicate information, has outstanding analytical and technical skills, enjoys working with data – from finding new sources to solution oriented analysis and visualization – and possesses strong ownership mentality, intellectual curiosity, and commercial acumen.
Familiarity with medical terminology, healthcare regulation and drug and medical device data sources is a plus.
- Identify new data sources that address client needs
- Source, document, and develop insights from internal and client data
- Design and maintain reports tracking key internal performance metrics, including the effectiveness of predictive modelling
- Establish a comprehensive and detail-oriented understanding of the needs of customers and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain a prioritized backlog of new features and enhancements for the development team to work on
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers to create mock-ups for the development team.
- Work with business owners to understand new requirements and document accurately
- Manage a wide variety of tasks, integrate expected completion dates, adjust priorities as appropriate, and ensure progress remains on target.
- Help team meetings track progress, identify obstacles and dependencies, and work to ensure all members of the team have what they need to get their jobs done.
- Consider compromises and concessions when prioritizing work.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated client focus – empathy and a solution-oriented, problem solving attitude.
- Ability to design and complete meaningful business analyses
- Strong experience writing feature requirements and/or user stories.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and schedule tasks and manage related project plans.
- Strong organizational, communication skills.
- Experience in SQL, as well as advanced Excel functions to mine large quantities of data
- Good working knowledge of data presentation software such as Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics, Power BI etc.
- Experience with statistical software such as R and/or python
- Experience with the Agile software development process.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to develop requirements, communicate effectively, and collaborate productively.
The position is remote with a preference for candidates in Nova Scotia, Canada or the greater New York area.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.